The power of continuing: I kept up the kanji studies and am now at kanji 1,650, which is three fourth of the goal of 2,200 kanji. Since I started on 30 March 2020, that makes 48 days for the first three fourth, which would mean 64 days for the whole book if I keep up this pace. Plus a week of capturing those kanji from Heisig that are not part of the flashcard deck I’m using, probably due to a glitch in editions.
However, I have a deadline coming up on 1 June 2020, when I am supposed to have handed in both a thesis outline, as in draft, and a rough cut of the film to my supervisor, so I might have to focus more on that than on kanji over the next two weeks. I finally exported the rough cut I’ve been working on so far, but will remake it from the bottom up after feedback from S.
We watched some films at GIEFF – I am Sheriff was the gem among them. S participated in a Q&A after his film was shown.
We had the first classes of Editing Forum and Gender and Film. I will not take the latter as at this stage I’d rather only do readings directly related to my research. As for the first one, my rough cut will be dicussed in class on 26 May 2020, which means my actual deadline for the rough cut is in a week: 25 May 2020. Time to get to work!
Took the road bike for a round today, 60 km in the north, just like last weekend. And I finished the Yankeeshota manga, so sweet!
- Remembering the Kanji: Kanji 1431–1650
- Flashcards Deluxe: Ca 75 min/day
- Radio: FM Haro in the mornings
- Podcast: 男性BLマンガ家と中性マンガ家のふたりぐらしトーク公式番組, E1–5
- Manga: 星海ユミ: ヤンキーショタとオタクおねえさん, chapter 7–8 (end), pp. 95–146.
- 1995: Neon Genesis Evangelion. E19–21
15th German (Göttingen) International Ethnographic Film Festival (GIEFF) – online
- I am Sheriff (Teboho Edkins, South Africa/Lesotho, 2017, 29 min)
- Lost Boy (Shin Thandar, Germany/Myanmar, 2019, 15 min)
- A New Era (Boris Svartzman, France/China, 2019, 71 min)
- Warehouse (Constantinos Diamantis, Lillian Dam Bracia, Malwa Grabowska, S. Buse Yildirim, Greece/Germany, 2018, 8 min)
- Ghost Tape #10 (Sean David Christensen, USA/Vietnam, 2018, 28 min)
- Chidra (Nadav Harel and Arik Moran, Israel/India, 2018, 40 min – watched first ten)
- The Stone Guest (Marina Fomenko, Russia, 2018, 8 min)
- First Harvest (Martin Gruber, Rika Shinkai, Germany/Japan, 2018, 7 min – watched first five)