I went into the zone with the rough cut this week, as planned. Edited until 3 or 4 in the night, got up around 9, did my kanji reps in the morning and learned new kanji after lunch, and then editing again from 15. I watched two more versions with S, but the huge difference was between the first (55 min) and second (32 min). The final version happened to become quite exactly 30 minutes, which feels like a nice format, and which I know that at least one film festival has as their limit for short film submissions.
The upcoming week will be all about the thesis.
- Remembering the Kanji: Kanji 1651–1875
- Flashcards Deluxe: 109 min/day
- Radio: FM Haro in the mornings
- Maria Celander: Analys: Därför är alla nya filmer så mördande tråkiga (2018)
15th German (Göttingen) International Ethnographic Film Festival (GIEFF) – online
- Sky, Earth and Man (Carolien Reucker, Germany/Morocco, 2018, 70 min)