After some discussion we decided to end our self-imposed quarantine. Thus: Pad thai and beer at the Wasserturm in Prenzi on Monday, and my first visit ever to Sommerbad Kreuzberg on Tuesday. Too salty vegan burger from Kiiro on the terrace at night.
I edited some of the days. On Friday I half-heartedly participated in a Zoom seminar on visual representation. But basically I just wanted to edit.
I tried a new working technique on Saturday: From 15 to 18 I did 6 Pomodoro blocks à 25 minutes, each one followed by a 5 minute break. Then food break for half an hour followed by 2 hours of non-stop editing 18-30-20.30, because by then I was already in it. I HAD A GREAT TIME! The Pomodoro sessions were a great way to force myself to get there, instead of spending the day procrastinating and miserably getting to it at 20, 21 or 22. Now I was done in the studio at 20.30, backed and packed up for 15 minutes and biked home. After tea and Wataru I kept working for four and a half hour until 2.
The mornings were for Anki.
- Flashcards Deluxe: 31 min per day
- Anki: Ca 90 min per day
EASA2020 Lisboa film
- Nous Sommes Ensemble (We are Together) (Ascanio Varroni 2019 | 33’ | Cameroon / Norway)
- Who Represents Whom? Photographic representation in the 21st Century (Niama Safia Sandy and others)
- Bicycling/Gloria Liu: Hey, Bike Shops: Stop Treating Customers Like Garbage (2019)
- Cyclingtips/Matt de Neef & Iain Treloar: Finding Mr X (2018, skimmed, but very fascinating)
- GQ/Rachel Tashjian: We Are Living In the Age of Sweatpants and Never Going Back
- Bon/Daniel Björk: Det är över… svettbyxan har vunnit
- Jacobin/Paris Marx: Now Is the Perfect Time to Crack Down on Airbnb
- Techcrunch: Apple, Biden, Musk and other high-profile Twitter accounts hacked in crypto scam